Since purchasing an Android OS phone, I have become interested in QR Codes, and I have begun to take more notice of them, too. If you are unfamiliar with QR Codes, QRCodeguide.org provides a brief and interesting history. If you are familiar with the codes or once you become familiar, this post is for you.
Naysayers abound, but those who are forward-looking see the value in these codes for a variety of purposes, including education. To that end, I recently posed the following on Quora.com and received the below great link to educational applications for QR Codes. In addition, I will post some other links I have run across.
How have you used QR Codes in your classroom? Have you created a lesson in which you utilized QR Codes? What type of lesson? What were the results? Would you use again? How would you improve? What other applications for use can you see in education?
- The Importance of QR Code Reader – Winnipeg, Canada (travelpod.com)
- QR Codes… (realtyrene.wordpress.com)
- QR Code Classroom Implementation Guide (downes.ca)
- Tell a story with QR codes (via Instructional Design Fusions) (minimalj.wordpress.com)
- The Best Use of QR Codes I’ve Seen (tommartin.typepad.com)
- QR Huh? What The Heck is a QR Code? (http://web20classroom.blogspot.com) Steven Anderson